The 20 years since the invention of the Internet, it has revolutionized our lives and has gradually become part of our lives by invading various industries. It initially attacked the entertainment communication industry, and the way of human getting news and entertainment was completely subverted. The news and entertainment industry was reconstructed, and the war situation had entered the final stage. Then, the rise of e-commerce represented by Alibaba and Amazon invaded the retail industry in a comprehensive way.
Now the market is difficult, and the battle situation is set. In recent years, the Internet has been widely integrated into the financial industry, and new financial models and means, such as Yu 'ebao, mobile payment and P2P, have emerged one after another. At present, the battlefield has entered the middle stage and the two sides are engaged in a fierce battle. Throughout the current development of the Internet, we can see a very interesting thing, in these layers of advance in each battlefield, the Internet is basically wandering in the "virtual" service field, for the generally said "real" economy, that is, manufacturing, but little impact. Much of China's manufacturing industry is still on the sidelines, working hard to make export orders. In addition to upgrading the assembly line and joining the global division of labor, all those stories about the Internet disrupting industries are like tales from another world.
From a global perspective, developed countries are good at taking advantage of technological trends to promote and develop the Internet of Things. For example, Germany and the United States have formulated future industrial development strategies. The United States has a "future of manufacturing" plan, while Germany has an Industry 4.0 strategy. In terms of practical application, the application of the Internet of Things has developed steadily in the past few years, mainly in the aspect of M2M(Machine to Machine) : M2M has been gradually applied in the industrial chain. By the end of 2013, M2M devices had reached 1.95 million, and 428 mobile operators had offered M2M services
In China, the development of the Internet of Things is in the initial stage. Although there are some pilot explorations and demonstration projects for IoT in various regions in China, such as smart grid, smart transportation, smart logistics, smart home, industrial automation, smart agriculture and healthcare solutions, there is still a big gap between China and the United States and Germany. However, the combination of informatization and industrialization has laid a solid foundation for Industry 4.0.
Comparison between the integration of modernization and industry 4.0 in China
There are similarities, but also major differences, between China's industrialization and Industry 4.0. Both strategies emphasize the extensive application of information technology to the entire product and business value chains, and also emphasize that information technology should become the backbone of industry.
Specifically, the main focus of the two integration is as follows:
Integration of industrial technology and information technology: refers to the effective integration of industrial technology and information technology to accelerate the emergence of new technology and stimulate the integration of technological innovation. For example, automotive electronics derived from the integration of automotive manufacturing technology and electronics technology and integrated industrial control technology.
Product integration: refers to the electronic information technology or electronic components embedded in the product. For example, after the integration of traditional machine tools and numerical control systems, numerical control machine tools appear. Intelligent technology is applied to the development of traditional home appliances to produce intelligent home appliances, so that these products through the increase of information technology content greatly improve the added value.
○ Business integration: refers to the application of information technology to all businesses, including innovation, manufacturing, operation management and marketing, so as to promote and stimulate enterprise innovation and improve enterprise management. For example, the application of information technology improves the automation and intelligence of production and the efficiency of enterprise production. In addition, network marketing, a new marketing channel, can reach more target customers and significantly reduce marketing costs.
○ Promotion of emerging industries: refers to the combination of information technology and industrialization produced by the new industry, such as industrial electronic technology, industrial software and industrial information services.
Germany's Industry 4.0 focuses on:
○ Horizontal integration of the value chain: based on the implementation of CPS, the new value chain and business model innovation are generated through horizontal integration of the value chain.
○ End-to-end production process: value chain oriented to realize the end-to-end production process, to achieve the effective integration of the digital world and the physical world, so that the product value chain, different companies, and customer needs together;
○ Vertical integration: to realize the effective integration of the vertical, the establishment of an effective vertical production system.
From this comparison, it can be seen that German Industry 4.0 promotes more vertical, horizontal and end-to-end integration at the existing high-end level, including within companies, between companies and between companies and between companies and customers. The integration of the two industries in China focuses more on promoting the application of information technology in industry, focusing on the improvement and application of information technology within the company. Therefore, it can be considered that the integration of the two industries is the basis for the realization of Industry 4.0. In the industry with good application of information technology, it can properly and quickly promote Industry 4.0, occupy the highland and walk in the forefront of the world.